Most relational, behavioral and emotional discomforts arise from a well of anxiety within. I help you identify past and present stressors and metabolize the anxiety that results from them. This allows you to recover inner composure and your ability to relate successfully. An improvement in physical health is often a result. My methods focus on non-psychopharmaceutical interventions, because while drugs may mitigate symptoms, they rarely cure.
- Anxiety and panic regulation
- Emotional confusion
- Relational difficulties
- Anger management
- Substance abuse
- Self-esteem improvement
- Depression and unhappiness
- General health coaching
- Chronic pain
- Obesity and diabetes
- Alternatives to pharmaceuticals
- Medical diagnosis response and support
- Therapeutic consultation
Non-pharmaceutical solutions that inform my integrated practice
- Interpersonal Neurobiology (Daniel Siegel)
- Sit4Health™ (Morgan Randall)
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (Jon Kabat-Zinn)
- Object-relations psychology (Margaret Mahler)
- Diamond Approach to psycho-spiritual integration (A.H. Almaas)
- Bach Flower Remedies (Edward Bach)
- Enneagram of personality types (Don Rizo, A.H. Almaas)
- Bowen family therapy (Murray Bowen)
- Brief strategic therapy (Milton Erickson, Jay Haley)
- Buddhist psychology (Jack Kornfield)
- Dream interpretation (Carl Jung, A.H. Almaas)
- Experiential therapy (Carl Whitaker)
- Homeopathy (Samuel Hahnemann)
- Integral spirituality (Ken Wilber)
- Possibility Therapy (Bill O’Hanlon)
- Self Poetry therapy (Morgan Randall)
- Silence and Song voice and breath work (Susan Osborne)
- Solution-focused brief therapy (Steve deShazer/Insoo Kim Berg)
- Structural family therapy (Salvador Minuchin)
- BEINGnBALANCE approach to well being (Raymond Allred)
Call 360.202.2722 or email: Morgan@BodymindCounseling.com
Locations in Washington State: Mount Vernon near Skagit Valley Hospital and on Orcas Island near the village of Eastsound.
Fees and Insurance: Payment due upon services rendered. If you wish your insurance company to pay for your treatment, as a Washington State licensed mental health counselor (LMHC), I am qualified to supply you with a DSM diagnosis and a statement of payments you have made that you submit to your insurance company for an “out-of-plan provider” (OOPP). Check with your particular company for OOPP reimbursement rates usually 60 to 90% of my $90 per hour fee. 24-hour cancellation notice. Reduced rates for low-income clients without insurance.
Client Forms - Please download, read, and sign these three documents to bring to your first appointment. The Disclosure Statement is something all therapists must provide by law. The Privacy Statement lets you know the legal parameters of privacy law. The Professional Conduct Statement is the State regulations regarding professional conduct.
Looking forward to meeting you soon!